Your Real Estate Agent will be key to the success of your home buying experience, so it’s important to take your time to choose the right one. Debbie Huff Realtor, your Prescott area real estate agent brings you these helpful tips when selecting a realtor.
What to ask and talk to your potential real estate agent about:
- How long have you been a licensed Real Estate Agent? Are you a full time agent or is this a part-time job for you? Do you mainly represent buyers or sellers, or both?
- Are you experienced working with first-time home buyers? Can you explain the buying process and what one can expect? Are your communication lines open with your clients, lender, title company and all people involved in your transactions?
- Are you familiar with the various loan programs available?
- Let your agent know if you will be obtaining a loan or buying with cash. If you need a loan, talk about getting pre-qualified with a lender prior to looking. If you will be buying with cash, be sure that you have a proof of funds from your financial institution available. One or the other is a necessary part of your offer for purchase.
- What areas/cities do you specialize in?
- Do you have a website for your clients to utilize in searching the MLS for property and also for finding out more about you?
- What price range do you usually work in?
- Can you provide a list of past and/or current references of buyers and/or sellers?
- Are you accessible via phone or email, even after hours or on the weekends? What is the fastest way for me to reach you if I have a question, think I have found a home I would like to see or are under contract with you as my agent and I have a question or concern?
- How often should I expect to hear from you while I am looking for a home and/or once under contract?
- Also, very important is a conversation with regard to both parties expectations. Ask them what they expect of you and you tell them what you expect of them. It is a 2-way street. Let them know if you have decided to work with them only or that you are still looking for an agent. If you choose to work with them, let them know you will be loyal to them only, so they know where they stand with you. If at any point you become dissatisfied with them, let them know so they can either make good with you or let them know you will be looking for a different agent to represent you.
I hope you have found this information helpful when choosing your next real estate agent and look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions. Please contact me, Debbie Huff Realtor – Prescott Area Real Estate Agent, by calling 928-566-8667 or visiting my website at https://www.debbiesellshomesandland.com today!